1. You have heaven to win or lose yourselves…a holy
calling will not save an unholy man.
2. You have sinful inclinations as much as others.
3. You have greater temptations than most men.
4. The tempter will make his first and sharpest attack
against you. If you will be leaders against him, he will
spare you no further than God restrains him.
5. Many eyes are upon you, and therefore there will be many
to observe your falls.
6. Your sins are more aggrevated than those of other men.
They have more of hypocrisy in them.
7. The honor of your Lord and Master, and of His holy truth,
does lie more on you than on other men.
8. The souls of your hearers and the success of your labors
do very much depend upon your self-examination and self-